The consensus is still sceptical regarding the inflation recovery. The United States could surprise us in 2018. Correlation on rate markets. Be careful of the European market. Rate rise in Switzerland.
- Upturn in inflation could be the surprise of the year
- Rate hikes and flattening yield curve
- A rise in long-term rates is looming in the euro zone
- UK: The bond market cannot remain indifferent to the pick-up in inflation
- Japan: Bonds are not providing any opportunities
- Switzerland: Inflation finally positive in 2017 after 5 years of deflation
- Focus on short maturities and take a cautious stance on peripheral debt