Dollar temporarily at an advantage. Euro expected to rise. Depreciation of the franc.
Upswing in emerging currencies. Pound still hostage to Brexit. Weak yen.
- The increase in stock market volatility did not significantly impact foreign exchange markets
- Limited rise of the trade-weighted dollar
- The increasing pace of growth is temporarily lending strength to the Swiss franc
- Swiss franc to depreciate in 2019
- Still some stability for the Euro
- Dollar at an advantage until the end of the year
- US dollar comparatively less attractive in 2019
- Upswing in emerging currencies
- Yen to weaken further in Q1
- Pound remains hostage to Brexit
- The Yuan is increasingly international